Restless Peregrine

per·e·grine (pr-grn, -grn) adj. Foreign; alien. Roving or wandering; migratory; tending to travel and change settlements frequently.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!


Yunnan, China, January 2004.

I've never been a big one for resolutions, but new year's does seem to be as good a time as any to think about what I want to accomplish in the not-too-distant future. So here they are (in no particular order), my new year's NOT-resolutions...

Spin a prayer wheel in Lhasa or Khatmandu (would both be pushing my luck?).
Finally make it south of the equator.
Officially start my PhD.
Run atleast 15 km per week (November marathon?).
Get into a yoga headstand without using a wall or a spotter.
Spend less money on unnecessary things.
Get my semester lesson plans done before the semester begins.
Let my loved ones know how much I love them more often.
Give a speech to my department in Korean (teacher's day anyone?).
Pay off my visa bill.
Master the art of making kongbiji (or at least make a bowl that is edible!).
Learn to play all 5 notes on my danso.
Set-up soapling.com to accept online payments.
Publish a photo (not myself!).
Posted by Picasa