Restless Peregrine

per·e·grine (pr-grn, -grn) adj. Foreign; alien. Roving or wandering; migratory; tending to travel and change settlements frequently.

Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Mum and Bub

 
 
I was lucky enough to be in Australia twice in 2012 - once in August and then again for New Year's Eve (2013).  On my first trip, my friend Tiffany and I saw this joey (baby) koala come out of his mother's pouch for the very first time at the Healsville Sanctuary near Melbourne.  Even the sanctuary staff were mesmerized by their first look at the little guy.  He was so tiny!!  When Amy and I went back to the sanctuary less than 5 months later, the little guy had really grown - that's him on the top in the second picture, with his mother on the bottom.  I wonder how big he is now?
Healsville, Australia, August 2012 and January 2013.