Restless Peregrine

per·e·grine (pr-grn, -grn) adj. Foreign; alien. Roving or wandering; migratory; tending to travel and change settlements frequently.

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Mao and Magellan


Mao is staying here. She's a bit more laid back
than her sister, which seems like a good thing
in a house full of rabbits.


Magellan is going to live with my oldest Korean
friend and her fiance - the ones who brought me
Niko in the first place. I'm sure we''l be having
lots of kitty play dates.

I really wasn't in the market for another kitten. Really. And yet here I am, with not one but two frenetic balls of fluff tearing around the floor at my feet. After Niko died I decided it was time to get out of town for a couple of days. I have been working A LOT lately, too much, and on top of spending a couple of days tearing up at every single thing in my apartment figured it was time. Plus Shui Cai was due for his rabies shot in Seoul, so it seemed like a good opportunity.

Fresh off the bullet train and at the vet's office, talking about Niko. I had called him to find out how much formula to feed her when my friends first brought her over, so he was wondering how she was. When I told him what happened his nurse appeared with a pair of orphan kitties as if by magic. He wanted to know if I would take them. Both healthy, a respectable age for adoption (2 months), and he was having trouble finding someone else. They'd been there for a while, since their mother died, and even had their first shots. I called my friends and asked them what to do. They said if I took one they'd take the other. Forms signed, extra carrier bought and voila, a brand new kitten. Again.

Mao (as in, Chinese for 'cat') is pretty laid back, for a kitten. She likes to curl up on my chest and purr. And to (new, this evening) fight with her own tail. Magellan (Mags, for short) is more adventurous, but also more skittish. Updates to follow, as they grow!
Posted by Picasa