Restless Peregrine

per·e·grine (pr-grn, -grn) adj. Foreign; alien. Roving or wandering; migratory; tending to travel and change settlements frequently.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

No Time (like the present)

Things to remember to write about later...

1. Things I didn't do today: -take a bath
-become immortal
-eat a chicken head or foot

2. Things I did today: -eat enough to feed a couple of African villages
-wash my hair in a pair of buckets
-climb a mountain almost to the top
-visit the family home of Mencius, as well as a temple in his honour
-discuss great men (and learn about one really great woman)
-fall in love with Zoucheng, despite the grime
-take a city bus less than the distance of a pair of soccer fields (after waiting for half an hour to catch it)
-learn how to say my new friends names (sort of)
-take a picture of the chicken heads and feet floating in soup inches fro my plate.

Stay tuned for the continuing epic!